Not all the users acquaint the thorough info related to PC and the wireless network connection of it. But it’s imperative to have an acquaintance of common problems and how you can resolve them. If you’re making use of Win 10 OS and running the wireless network, you may stumble upon an issue that says something like WLAN Extensibility Module Has Stopped. It denotes that you won’t be capable of accessing the internet until you do not resolve this problem. Before talking about the methods to fix it, let us get a brief on why the WLAN extensibility module has really failed to launch while making use of the internet. Keep in mind that when you make use of the wireless network connection utilizing the adapter, it gets the address for accessing the network from a server.
The WLAN card and router drivers have to be the latest along with you require checking the manufacturer website of the laptop for firmware update related to your adapter. If it’s not updated, it can lead to show issues like this one. In case you do not locate the firmware update here, you can check the wireless adapter manufacturer’s official website. It’s also been seen that malware can direct to such problems. So, you have to run the antivirus scan for getting rid of any such files from the PC. In case the internet service carries on disconnecting and comes back occasionally, you have two options left. We’ve talked about them in the next section.
- 1 What Are The Causes Of WLAN Extensibility Module Has Stopped Error?
- 2 How Can You Resolve This WLAN Module Problem?
What Are The Causes Of WLAN Extensibility Module Has Stopped Error?
If the users have received this problem on the computer, it denotes that there was a break down in the system operation. Common causes comprise failed or incorrect installation or uninstallation of the programs that might have left some unacceptable entries in the Windows registry, improper system shutdown because of the power failure or some other factor, consequences of a malware or virus attack, somebody with little technical acquaintance by accident removing an essential system file or registry entry, and also a number of other reasons. The immediate reason for this error is the failure of correctly running one of the normal operations by an application or system component.
How Can You Resolve This WLAN Module Problem?
Not to state, you have to begin with the basics to cope with the Wi-Fi adapter issue.
Solution#1: Restarting The WLAN AutoConfig Service
For simply restating the WLAN AutoConfig service you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, hit the Win + R keys at the same time for launching the Run dialog box.
- Then, simply enter services.msc > hit Enter.
- It’ll open a service dialog box. You have to scroll down > locate WLAN AutoConfig simply.
- Now, right-click on the WLAN AutoConfig option.
- Choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- After that, choose the General tab from the Properties window.
- Then, select the Startup type to be Automatic.
- Now, click the Start option.
- Then, for saving all the changes you have made, simply click on Apply > OK.
It is all done. Now, you have to access your internet to see the connection. Hopefully, it’ll work on the Windows 10 OS.
Solution#2: Disabling & Enabling The Wireless Network Connection
For simply disabling and enabling the wireless network connection, you will have to follow these instructions:
- First of all, enter the Control Panel in the search bar.
- Then, simply click the control panel desktop application.
- Now, simply navigate to the Network & Internet option.
- After that, click the Network & Sharing Center.
- Choose the Wi-Fi connection to manage.
- Now, click Disable.
Now, you have to enable this connection and see whether you can simply access your internet or not. In the majority of the cases, it can really work for all the users. You can also restart your system and give it a shot. Suppose you still get to come across the problem; you can make use of Method#1 and fix the issue on WLAN Extensibility Module on the Win 10 system.
Solution#3: Power Management (Additional Solution)
Follow these simple steps for power management:
- First of all, navigate to Control Panel.
- Then, choose Device Manager.
- Navigate to Network adapters > select the Wireless Network option.
- Now, simply right-click on the Wireless Network Adapter option.
- Select Properties > Power Management section.
- After that, simply uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
- Finally, click OK for enable it.
Once you apply all these changes, the PC will not switch off any tool automatically and allow the users to select what they really desire to run.
You don’t need to get depressed or panic when you come across an issue related to the network connection. You need to stay calm and follow the solutions mentioned above. It’ll certainly assist you out in resolving the WLAN Extensibility Module Has Stopped issue and allow you to access your internet properly.