Is the system of OBS not recording desktop audio? Do you want to have this issue get fixed at any cost? It might be annoying for some people as they encounter the issue where the OBS is not recording the desktop audio. This is when you will wonder why the OBS cannot give record the audio properly.
This can probably happen due to the wrong setting of the OBS or any conflict between the Nahimic audio manager software. Right through this guide, we will explain to you some of the ways to fix why OBS is not recording desktop audio.
- 1 Primary Methods to Follow to Fix OBS Not Recording Desktop Audio
- 1.1 Method 1: Checking the Audio Track Settings to Fix OBS not Recording Desktop Audio Issue
- 1.2 Method 2: Checking the Settings of OBS Audio
- 1.3 Method 3: Setting the Speakers as Default Audio Device
- 1.4 Method 4: Adjusting the Settings of Encoding
- 1.5 Method 5: Disabling the Nahimic
- 1.6 Method 6: Reinstalling the OBS
- 1.7 Method 7: Removing the rest of the programs for the audio control
- 2 Conclusion
Primary Methods to Follow to Fix OBS Not Recording Desktop Audio
Before you get yourself start with the following methods, you should be checking if the OBS has been muted or not. If it is not, then you can better continue with the rest of the methods discussed below:
Method 1: Checking the Audio Track Settings to Fix OBS not Recording Desktop Audio Issue
The first method is about whether the audio track settings are working correctly or not. And for performing this method, you just need to perform the below steps:
- Firstly make sure that you check all the files in the OBS.
- You have to click on the output and then select the recording on the output tab.
- In the last step, you need to make sure that the same tracks have been selected for the recording.
Method 2: Checking the Settings of OBS Audio
If you still feel that the issue of OBS not recording the audio is persisting, then you should keep a check on the settings of the OBS audio. This is quite an easy approach for the beginners to follow right now. Here we have a guide for you to make you know how to perform it:
- First just open the application of OBS and then click on the settings.
- Now you have to choose the tab of audio and then click on the Desktop Audio Device menu. Afterward, you have to click the right desktop audio device.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Microphone/Auxiliary Audio Device menu to select the right device if it is required.
- Now you have to click apply button and then click on “OK.”
This is how you can see if the recording issue has been resolved or not. If it still exists, then you can move to the next solution!
Method 3: Setting the Speakers as Default Audio Device
In the following method, we will let you know how you can set the speakers as the default audio device to fix the issue of OBS not recording audio. If you want to follow this method, you have to perform the below steps:
- First of all, you have to right-click on the Sound icon, and then you have to click on the option of Sound Control Panel located in the Settings.
- Now choose the option of speakers from the playback tab. After it, you will be selecting the option of Set Default.
- Choose the option “apply.”
Method 4: Adjusting the Settings of Encoding
You are allowed to even resolve the issue of recording by adjusting the encoding settings. And for performing this whole method, here we have a step by step guide for you:
- You have to open the windows of settings in the OBS firstly. Click the option of encoding, which is located on the left side of the window.
- Select the option of 128 from the Bitrate menu. Now type “3500” in the dialog box.
- In the next step, deselect the option of “Use CBR.”
- Click the “apply” option and then click “ok.” You have to close the window and then restart the whole OBS system to confirm that the settings have been adjusted.
Method 5: Disabling the Nahimic
The 5th method on our list for fixing the not recording audio error is by removing the Nahimic. You need to first of all, visit the Settings application, which you have to disable. This is quite an easy approach for the beginners to follow right now.
Method 6: Reinstalling the OBS
If you feel that none of the above fixes shows the required results, you can better move to this approach, which is about reinstallation of the OBS. Check out the below steps to perform this method:
- Use the keyboard and then press the key giving the windows logo. You have to press the window key with the key “R” at once, opening the Run command in front of you. Then you have to type the command appwiz. cpl and then click OK.
- Coming to next step, just right-click the OBS studio and then click the option of change or uninstall.
- Now download, install the OBS software from the official website and then use it again as a new system.
It is enough expected that the newly downloaded system of the OBS will work at the best and will show the optimal results. Hence, you will be finding a significant improvement in your streaming of the experience of screen-recording.
Method 7: Removing the rest of the programs for the audio control
The last method is about the removal of the program for the control of audio. It might be possible that some other audio programs, i.e., NAHIMIC, are causing an inevitable conflict with the OBS. This might cause the desktop audio to work with certain obstructions.
Some of the users even confirm that the system of Realtek Gaming Software or the Razer Synapse will probably interfere with the system of OBS. The best solution would be to remove the program, which is controlling all your audio devices.
These have been a few of the primary methods with which you will have your resolve when OBS is not recording the desktop audio. We have presented some easy-to-follow and straightforward methods for you, so try them all one by one. Please share them with your friends and help them too.