Lenovo is a laptop brand that has a very good quality and a fantastic usage. The laptop of this brand is used by many million people all around the world.
But recently many people are facing some difficulties related to the Lenovo keyboard. This problem is faced by many users all around the world by the Lenovo brand users that the keyboard not working properly.
There are many reasons because of which the Lenovo keyboard may stop working. This may be due to the keyboard being locked. Other issues may be present in the keyboard wires, drivers, USB ports or even the operating system of the keyboard. Thus, this will cause the keyboard not working related issues.
- 1 Solutions to Fix the Lenovo Keyboard Not Working:
- 1.1 Method # 1: Restart Your Lenovo Computer:
- 1.2 Method # 2: Update the Drive of Lenovo:
- 1.3 Method # 3: Press the Problems Key Diagonally on the Keyboard of Lenovo:
- 1.4 Method # 4: To Remove the Bateer and the Power Cables From the Lenovo:
- 1.5 Method # 5: Perform a System Restore on the Windows of Lenovo:
- 1.6 Method # 6: Change the Keyboard Filter Key Settings on Lenovo:
- 1.7 Method # 7: End Task Cft Loader.
- 1.8 Method # 8: End Task Cortana:
- 1.9 Method # 9: Run Text Services Framework:
- 1.10 Method # 10: Reisntall Keyboard Drives:
- 1.11 Method # 11: Update the Windows 10:
- 2 Bottomline:
Solutions to Fix the Lenovo Keyboard Not Working:
Following are the best solutions you can use in order to the Lenovo keyboard not working issue.
- Restart Your Lenovo
- Update the Drive of the Lenovo.
- Press the Problem Keys Diagonally of the Lenovo.
- Remove the Battery and the Power Cable of the Lenovo.
- Perform a System Restore on the Lenovo
- Change the Keyboard Filter Key Setting.
- End Task Cft Loader.
- End Task Cortana.
- Run Text Service Framework.
- To Reinstall the Keyboard
- Update the Windows
Using any of the above-mentioned solutions can work to solve the keyboard issue in the Lenovo.
Method # 1: Restart Your Lenovo Computer:
Try to restart the Lenovo to check if the keyboard not working issue is solved or not. To restart your Lenovo following steps should be taken:
- Click on the Windows option of the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the “Restart or Reboot” in order restart your Lenovo.
Method # 2: Update the Drive of Lenovo:
This keyboard not working issue is also caused due to the presence of corrupted drives in the Windows. Following steps can be taken in order to solve the not working issue of the keyboard in the Lenovo laptop.
- Download the “Driver easy” and install it in the Lenovo
- Run the Driver Easy.
- Click on “Scan Now”. This will s`290-=can and detect and problems or issues in the driver of the
- Click on the “Update” or “Update All” option button next to the flagged keyboard to automatically download the proper version of the windows
This can help you resolve the keyboard not working issue is the Lenovo laptop or computer.
Method # 3: Press the Problems Key Diagonally on the Keyboard of Lenovo:
This method may or may not work. to fic the keyboard not working issue, press the keys that are not working diagonally for couple of seconds. This may work for few Lenovo laptops to fix the keyboard not working issue.
Method # 4: To Remove the Bateer and the Power Cables From the Lenovo:
If the keyboard of your Lenovo has stopped working then you can try this option as well as this has proved to be effective for many people. Following steps should be taken under observation to fix the keyboard not working issue of the laptop of the Lenovo brand.
- Firstly, shut down the windows of the
- Then unplug the power cables.
- Then remove the battery from the Lenovo.
- Now press and hold the power button of the laptop for 60 sec
- Then put the battery back in the laptop and plug the power cables that were previously attached to the Lenovo.
- Restart in order to check if the keyboard not working issue is fixed or not.
Method # 5: Perform a System Restore on the Windows of Lenovo:
If the laptop keyboard is not working after you have updated the Windows, or you have installed some sort of software in the Windows system. Then performing a system restore can be helpful in solving the not working issue of the keyboard.
Following steps should be taken to perform this system restore on the windows in order to fix the keyboard of the of this Lenovo brand and to make sure that the keyboard not working issue is solved.
- Open the “Control Panel”.
- Then view by “Small Icons” and then click on “Systems”.
- Now click on “System protection”.
- Click on “System Restore”. To restore the system of the
- Now click on “Next”.
- Now choose a restore point according to the dates and time.
- Now again click on “Next”.
- Then click on “Finish”.
- Finally click on “Yes”.
- Then reboot or restart your laptop in order to check if the keyboard not working issue is fixed or not.
Method # 6: Change the Keyboard Filter Key Settings on Lenovo:
If the keyboard of the laptop is not working then it maybe due to the issue that there is something wrong with the keyboard settings of the filter key. A third party usually makes the changes in these setting of the filter key in the keyboard.
Follow the steps in order to change the Filter key settings of keyboard of Lenovo.
- Go to the “Start Menu”.
- Now click on the “Settings”.
- Then click on “Ease of Access”.
- Click on the option that says “Keyboard Functions”.
- Now turn off the “Filter Key Functions.
- Now restart the laptop.
- Turn on the Filter keys.
This should help you the fix the issue of keyboard not working on the of Lenovo.
Method # 7: End Task Cft Loader.
CFT stands for Collaborative Translation framework loader. This is a windows framework which is used as an alternative for the input devices. These input devices if not used properly and not removed from the port they may cause some sort of damage to the keyboard and the keyboard not working issue may appear.
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the keyboard not working issue of the Laptop of the Lenovo brand.
- Right click on the “Task bar”.
- Now select the “Task Manager”.
- Find the CFT loader.
- Select it and click on the “End Task”.
This should help you in solving the keyboard not working issue.
Method # 8: End Task Cortana:
Sometimes this Cortana process also causes issues with the keyboard not working in the Lenovo. This process should be stopped in order to check if the not working of keyboard has stopped or not. Following steps should be taken to end this process in order to fix the issue of Lenovo of keyboard not working.
- Right click on the “Task Bar”.
- Then select the “Task Manager|”.
- Find the Cortana process.
- Then click on end task in order to finish the process.
Method # 9: Run Text Services Framework:
The Text service framework of the windows may also cause the keyboard to not work properly. The text service framework is important for the keyboard to work properly.
To run the test service following steps should be taken in observation before performing this to fix the keyboard of Lenovo laptop.
- Search the option “Task Scheduler” in the search box present in
- Open the “Task Scheduler”.
- Now go to the library of task scheduler by clicking the small arrow next to it.
- Then go to the “Microsoft” option.
- Then open “Windows”.
- Now find “Text service Framework”.
- Now click on the option “Run”.
Now you can check if the issue with the keyboard of the laptop of Lenovo is fixed or not and is the keyboard not working.
Method # 10: Reisntall Keyboard Drives:
Lenovo issue of keyboard may also be caused due to the presence of some fault with the drives of the keyboard present in the laptop. This may happen due to the third-party application interference with the spaces present on the disk drives of the windows. A virus can also cause the keyboard to stop working.
Follow the steps to fix the issue of the keyboard.
- Press the Windows key and the key of Letter R together.
- Type Devmgmt.Msc in the box and click on Enter.
- Now expand the keyboard
- Now right click on the keyboard.
- Now select uninstall drivers.
Now that you have uninstalled the infected drivers the keyboard issue of Lenovo will hopefully get fixed.
Method # 11: Update the Windows 10:
Whether you are using the new version of Lenovo or old version of Lenovo this keyboard issue can appear in any of the Lenovo device. Thus, to stay safe you should always update the windows. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the windows in its latest version to prevent this keyboard issue in the Lenovo devices and to check is the keyboard not working.
- Do to the “Start Menu”.
- Now click on “Settings”.
- Now choose “Windows Updates”.
- Now check for the “Updates Button”.
Now you can let the windows get updated by themselves. This will help in the future issues with the keyboard and will hopefully fix the keyboard issue.
From the above-mentioned solutions, you cause any of the method to fix the keyboard issue of the Lenovo devices. This keyboard issue is very common as many of the users of Lenovo has complained about this that the keyboard is not working properly.