One of the oldest and famous browsing software, Internet Explorer, also known as IE, is a free platform, where millions of users search web pages. You are allowed to do different services on the internet using this web page including online marketing or banking etc. Until Windows 10 was introduced, Internet Explorer was the most used web page by all the windows. But after windows 10, Microsoft edge took place of Internet Explorer. Even after this, there are still a huge audience and users of Internet Explorer out there. Internet explorer is not only suitable with all the windows up to windows 8.1, but also it works with all the operating systems easily. Being conveniently accessible, Internet Explorer is quite simple and easy to use hence, much reliable than other web browsers.
Is Your Internet Explorer Not Responding?
Despite all the extra-ordinary features of Internet Explorer, most of the users face a common problem using it. Usually, a dialogue box occurs on opening Internet Explorer which says that Internet Explorer not responding as a result of which, the Internet Explorer stops working and one has to close it. Hence, freezing or crashing of Internet Explorer is a common issue among people. Most of the times, this Internet Explorer not responding issue is resolved by restarting the Internet Explorer also, your recent web pages of IE are restored as well. But if restarting isn’t working, then some proper methods and techniques are required to solve the internet explorer not responding issue. Out of date software, corrupt settings, damaged system files, memory issues, and too many toolbars are some of the common causes of Internet Explorer not responding issue.
Methods to Solve the Internet Explorer Not Responding Problem:
Although people face these annoying problems using Internet Explorer, still they find IE easy to use and convenient as compared to other browsers because Internet Explorer is suitable with all windows and operating systems so, finding a solution for the Internet Explorer issue has become necessary somehow. Just a few clicks and the not responding issue of Internet Explorer will be no more a headache for you. Let us have a look at some of the methods that can be used to tackle the Internet Explorer problem.
METHOD 1: To Solve Internet Explorer Not Responding Windows 10
The first method is trying to close the not responding Internet Explorer. Follow these easy steps and your IE issue will be resolved hopefully.
- You will see a red X button on the top right corner of the internet explorer web page. Click on that button. If internet Explorer is closed, then your recovery process is successful. Whereas, if Internet Explorer is still not responding, then you have to force close the IE.
- For foreclosing the internet explorer, first, go on the bottom left corner to the windows icon and click it.
- You will see “Start”. Write task manager in that space and your computer will show you the task manager program.
- If you see various search results for this, then choose the task manager which most likely appears on the top of the menu.
- Click on it, and the task manager program will appear in front of you on the screen. Now, this will help you to force-quit the Internet Explorer that is not responding.
- When the task manager window is opened, you will see an option of Processes on the top-left side.
- In the “Processes” menu, you will see different options but you have to choose internet explorer among them.
- Now, click Internet Explorer, and you will see an option of end task on the bottom right corner of the screen. Click this tab and internet explorer will be forced closed without any confirmation.
- In case a dialogue box appears saying that “Windows is attempting to fix the problem”, select cancel.
As mentioned previously, too many toolbars can also result in freezing or crashing of Internet explorer so, method 2 suggests the steps to delete toolbars. Let us have a detailed look at the steps for better understanding and solve the IE issue.
- The first step is to open Internet Explorer.
- Freezing of internet explorer due to a load of too many toolbars can be prevented if you remove third-party toolbars.
- You can skip this method by simply resetting the Internet Explorer in case it is not working even after constant crashing.
- On the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer window, you will see a settings icon. Click on the icon.
- A menu will appear on the screen from which you have to click on the manage adds-on tab. This option is somewhere in the middle of the menu at the Internet Explorer window, so don’t only see it at the top options.
- Now another list of options will appear on the left side of the screen. Click on the toolbars and extensions tab.
- Now you will see all the toolbars of Internet Explorer. Select the one which you want to remove.
- To remove the toolbar, select the one and you will see an option of “Disable” on the bottom right corner. Click on it, you will see that the selected toolbar from Internet Explorer is disabled.
- If you want to remove more than one toolbar, then repeat the steps for each one of them.
If you are wondering how to reset an internet explorer window that stops responding, then you are at the right place. These easy steps will let you know the resetting method for Internet Explorer, so you can continue working on Internet Explorer without any hindrance.
- Select the Windows icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You will see a search bar mentioning start. Type internet options in it. By searching this, your computer will find those options which regulate the settings of internet explorer.
- Now the first option you will see for IE settings on this search will be “Internet options”. Click on this and you will see an Internet Option Program.
- Now, internet properties will appear and you have to click the last option on the top-right corner of the screen, which says “Advanced”.
- You will see different settings but you have to select “Reset” on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now a dialogue box will appear that says Reset Internet Explorer settings. Look for “Delete Personal Settings” and mark the tick. By checking this, you will allow the computer to remove any corrupt files also, the history of IE will be removed.
- Now, wait and you will see the close option prompted on the screen. Click it and your Internet Explorer will reset.
Sometimes, an old version of internet explorer is the reason that it does not work properly. To get rid of Internet Explorer Not responding issue, update IE if it is older than the Internet Explorer 11 version because that is the latest one. Follow these steps one by one to get your Internet Explorer Updated.
- First, you have to reach the Internet Explorer Download page. If your Internet Explorer is not responding, then you can use any other browser for example Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
- On the Internet Explorer Download page, under the heading of Languages, you will see a long list of languages. The left side columns have the names and you have to select and click your desired language.
- Now, the next step is to select the link for your operating system. You will see 3 links but there is no need to get confused. Only if you have a 32-bit computer with Windows 7, 8, or 10 on it then select the first link i.e., Windows 7 SP1 32-Bit. While if you have a 64-bit computer with Windows 7, 8, or 10 on it then select the second link that is Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit. Lastly, if you own a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2, then select the third link that is Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64-bit. In case you do not know the bit number of your computer, then check it first before selecting the link.
- By selecting the link, the setup file of Internet Explorer 11 will be downloaded to your computer.
- Go to the Downloads location such as desktop in your computer and you will see the setup file of Internet Explorer 11. Double click on the file.
- A dialogue box will appear in front of you a question saying “Do you want to allow this app to make changes in your Pc?”. Click yes and this will open the installation window of Internet Explorer 11.
- Wait for the installation process and follow the instructions as said.
- When asked, you have to select “agree” to the Microsoft terms.
- Now, click Next and choose the location where you want to install Internet Explorer 11.
- Also, uncheck or check for either you want a shortcut of Internet Explorer on the Desktop or not.
- At last, you will see a finish tab in the bottom-right corner. Click that and the installation process of Internet Explorer 11 is completed.
Internet Explorer not responding problem cannot be solved by a single method because it has different causes. All of these four methods are useful for fixing the Internet Explorer issue if you trigger the right cause. We have tried our best to give you a solution to every possible reason and problem. We hope that these techniques will help you to resolve the internet explorer not responding problem.