GarageBand is a full-fledged music creation studio developed by Apple Inc. for macOS. It allows musicians to create musical files, songs, podcasts, etc. on their iPhones, iPads, and Mac books. This software is a part of the iLife Suite of software and comes with iMovie and iDVD.
Most users of GarageBand are often concerned about how to convert their GarageBand files in MP3 format. Because all the GarageBand files are recorded and can be played on the platform, but if the users want to play their media on other commonly used audio applications, then it is important to convert the GarageBand files to the MP3 format.
Another reason is that all the GarageBand files are automatically and originally saved in the m4r format, which is not supported or can be played on other audio applications except for its own platform.
So, these are the reasons why you need to convert your file to an MP3 format for all the GarageBand files so that they can work on all other audio platforms.
Now, you may have questioned how to save GarageBand as MP3?
The method to convert a file is extremely simple. It involves several easy steps and within no time, you can convert and store all your GarageBand files from m4r format to the MP3 format.
- 1 Steps to Find Out How to Save Garageband as mp3:
- 2 How to save by exporting a song from GarageBand and then convert it into an MP3 only using your iPhone?
Steps to Find Out How to Save Garageband as mp3:
STEP #1: Save your GarageBand file to securely place it in one place:
This method is not for iPhone. It is for laptops. After completing your musical production and recording using GarageBand, all you have to do is:
- In the GarageBand menu tab, click on File.
- Now choose Save.
After you have saved your GarageBand file, you will have to export it on your device. For that, you will have to:
- In the GarageBand menu tab, click on Share.
- Now choose the “Export Song to Disk” option.
Remember, here you can make all the necessary changes before you store your file on your device. You can change your GarageBand recording’s name, its length, location, and you can even make some changes by turning on the Cycle too. You can add fading away or some other effects in the beginning and the ending of your recording too.
Once you are satisfied with all the changes, then you can proceed further.
- Now choose the MP3 format from the given list of file formats. Other formats include AAC and AIFF.
STEP #3: Choose the right quality for your MP3 conversion:
- After clicking on MP3, you will see another list of the various types of qualities in which you can store your GarageBand file in the MP3 format.
- Choose the highest quality. If your file is a long podcast, then you can go for lower qualities too, but it is more preferable if you can convert your MP3 format by choosing the best quality.
- Now, if you are satisfied with everything with your GarageBand file, you can go and click on the Export button.
STEP#4: Save your MP3 converted file on your device:
Once you convert your MP3 file successfully and it has been exported to your desired location, for instance, your Desktop, you can simply open it and transfer it to any other folder if you wish.
How to save by exporting a song from GarageBand and then convert it into an MP3 only using your iPhone?
- First of all, you need to open your GarageBand files app. If you do not have the files app, you will have to update your iPhone’s operating software.
- Now, in your iPhone’s GarageBand files app, you have to create a folder.
- You can name this folder as GarageBand exports or whatever you prefer in your iPhone.
- Now, from your GarageBand, select the song file that you want to convert.
- You will see a prompt that will ask you if you want to save your project or export the project, or export a ringtone or song. Choose the desired file that you want to convert.
- Now, you will have to click on the icon with the upward arrow in the bottom-left corner of the screen of your iPhone.
- You will now see various quality choices in which you can get your file on your iPhone.
- Select High quality.
- In some versions of iPhones, the ‘Save to files’ does not work properly. So, you will have to select “Open in.”
- After a short while, your file will be exported.
- After exporting, you can click on Save in Files. It will ask you the location you want to share your file on your iPhone, so you can choose the GarageBand Export folder that you had earlier created.
- Now, this file is not in the MP3 version, so for that, you will have to download an app to convert various audio files.
- With the help of this app that changes the format, you can easily convert your GarageBand Export file to MP3 format.
- Store it in your iPhone, or iPad, and revisit it or share it on various other audio platforms without any trouble now.
MP3 files can be chosen in the higher qualities as well as in the form of MP3 compressed files. You can do a lot with your MP3 audio files as they are compatible with all the other audio platforms, as mentioned before.
You can use the same procedure if you want to convert your MP3 file into some other format. However, the limitations of those formats will be there and with the MP3 version, you can rest assured that your files will be easily shareable.