Ds4Windows is a tool that easily allow your Xbox or PS4 controller to easily connect to your computer. With the recent update on the Windows 10, the majority of the users are facing this issue of Ds4Windows not detecting the controller on their Windows 10. This is making the user irritated because if the Ds4Windos are not detecting the controller then it is very hard for them to play the games.
- 1 Why Is ds4windows Not Detecting Controller?
- 2 Solutions to Fix ds4windows Not Detecting the Controller:
- 2.1 Method # 1: Uninstalling the Controller and Reintalling the Controller:
- 2.2 Method # 2: Reenabling the ds4 Controller:
- 2.3 Method # 3: Uninstalling the Windows Update:
- 2.4 Method # 4: Uninstaling the Driver and Setting ds4windows:
- 2.5 Method # 5: Scanning for the Harware Changes for Not Detecting Controller:
- 3 Bottom Line:
Why Is ds4windows Not Detecting Controller?
There can be a number of reasons due to which the Ds4Windows are not able to detect the controller hence the message Ds4Winodws not detecting controller appears of the Windows 10.
Following can be few of the multiple reason due to which this issue of controller not being able to be detected by the Ds4Windows is happening.
- The new updates of windows 10 are restricting the Ds4Windows to detect the controller of PS4 or Xbox.
- Some sort of malfunctioning of Ds4 controller and the device driver can be the reason behind the ds4windows not detecting the devices.
- Due to some unknow reason the ds4windows can also cause the controller to be disconnected from the Windows 10 hence leading the windows not detecting controller.
Solutions to Fix ds4windows Not Detecting the Controller:
Method # 1: Uninstalling the Controller and Reintalling the Controller:
To resolve the issue of ds4windows that is not being able to detect the controller on the windows you can use this method. Uninstalling the controller from the ds4windows will remove any bugs and virus that maybe present in the software of the controllers.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order for you to perform this method properly so the issue that the controller is not detected by the ds4windows.
- First of all, close the ds4windows.
- Now disconnect the controller.
- Now press the Windows key and R key together, to open the Run Dialogue Box.
- Now type in the Control Panel.
- And press the enter button.
- Now go to the Hardware and Sound option.
- Now click on the Devices and Printers.
- Now allow all the hardware devices to be connected by the windows.
- Now you can reconnect the controller to you PC and click on the properties option of the controller.
- Now in the properties click on the Hardware Tab.
- Now go the HD-compliant game controller option and open its properties.
- Now navigate the Driver Tab and then you can click on Uninstall Device.
- After the uninstallation of the device is done you can open the ds4 on the PC and then reconnect the controller.
Now you can check if the issue if the ds4 problem with the controller to get detected by the windows.
Method # 2: Reenabling the ds4 Controller:
Many of the users get this issue that the controller automatically gets disconnected by the ds4windows in between the game. This might be dur to a presence of bug in ds4 software. Hence, you can enable the ds4 controller to solve this issue.
Follow the steps that are given below to perform this method:
- Press the Windows key and R key together, to open the Run Dialogue Box.
- Now type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box and then press the Enter key.
- Now expand the list of Human Interface Devices and then double click on the HID- compliant game controller.
- Now enable it to get it connected by the ds4.
These steps will help you to fix the issue regarding the detection of the controllers.
Method # 3: Uninstalling the Windows Update:
Latest versions of the windows can also be one of the cause due to which the controllers are not connected by the ds4windows. Therefore, you should uninstall the latest update your windows in order for the ds4 to detect the device.
Follow the steps that are given below in order to perform this uninstalling of the latest update of windows in the PC.
- Press the Windows + I key together to launch the Settings Tab.
- Now from the Settings click on Update and Security.
- Navigate to the Windows Update and then click on View installed update history.
- Now select the update when you started having this problem and then click on Uninstall.
Now you can check if the issue of the controller not being connected by the ds4 is fixed or not.
Method # 4: Uninstaling the Driver and Setting ds4windows:
One of the resorts to solve this issue is to a configurations process if none of the above-mentioned methods work.
To do this uninstalling process you have to follow the following steps:
- Download the Remote Play App on the PC.
- Now open the Run prompt and then type devmgmt.msc command and then press Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now look for the Lib32 Wireless Driver in the drive manager.
- Now click on Uninstall Device.
Now you can connect your controller to check if it is working or not and if it gets connected by the ds4windows.
Method # 5: Scanning for the Harware Changes for Not Detecting Controller:
If you have uninstalled some sort of hardware from your PC recently, then check for the driver that is uninstalled. The uninstallation of the hardware may be the cause of this issue.
Follow the steps given below to check the changes in the hardware uninstallation.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run prompt.
- Now type in devmgmt.msc and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Now click no the Scan for Hardware changes.
- Now you can check for the changes that the hardware uninstallation may have caused in your PC.
This is also a solution to help you with this issue.
In windows 10 the issue of the ds4windows which is not detecting the controller of plat station or Xbox. Hence, it makes gaming very difficult on the PC. This can be due to many reasons as in malfunctioning, presence of bugs in hardware or disconnection of the controller. There are many solutions mentioned above in order for you to fix this issue