If you are fond of playing games all the time, then you should be using Discord frequently. As we define Discord, it is working as an app that provides a set of communication between the services and features. It will enable the users with which they can communicate with all Discord overlay friends while they are playing their games on full-screen.
But some of the users have reported the error of “Discord Overlay not working in the Windows 10”. This Overlay not working is a big problem to face because it will prevent the users from communicating on proper terms with their mates at the time of gaming sessions. Do you want its accurate Discord solution? If yes, you don’t need to look around here because we present you with the right overlay solutions as the Discord fixtures. You try them all one by one to find a better solution for your Discord overlay errors.
- 1 Main Reasons why a Discord overlay is Invisible
- 2 Primary Methods to Find Solutions of Discord Overlay Not Working
- 2.1 Solution 1: You should have Enabled Overlay in the Discord
- 2.2 Solution 2: Running the Discord Overlay not working as the Administrator
- 2.3 Solution 3: Disabling the Third-party Antivirus App Temporarily
- 2.4 Solution 4: Disabling the Hardware Acceleration in the Discord
- 2.5 Solution 5: Reinstalling the Discord Overlay Not
- 3 Conclusion of Discord Overlay not working
Main Reasons why a Discord overlay is Invisible
There are a few of the main Discord factors which can make it happen. Some of them are discussed below:
- It might happen if the In-Game Discord overlay option is not fully enabled. Hence you would not have configured the whole settings of the overlay system properly. There are some of the games which have to be included in the Overlay not working game list. And after it, you will be running the game option.
- Hardware acceleration is another major issue. As you will enable this, it will instantly affect the feature of Discord Overlay. Hence the Hardware Acceleration is working as the offloading of various tasks to the hardware or the devices that specialize in all of them.
- The following primary reason is the scaled overlay display! Due to the display scaling, you will find that everything on the screen has appeared to be more significant. In this way, you can easily get excellent and high visibility when you are using any Discord app. But at the same time, it can often cause some Discord overlay to get entirely hidden.
- Interference of the antivirus Discord program will also make the whole functioning of the Overlay not working system to be Overlay suspicious.
Primary Methods to Find Solutions of Discord Overlay Not Working
Solution 1: You should have Enabled Overlay in the Discord
If you are continuously facing the error issue of Discord overlay not working, then you should check that if you have already enabled the in-game discord overlay not. To get this Discord solution in-hand, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, open the Discord and click on the icon of settings.
- Over the left window, click the option “overlay.” Make sure you also toggle next to the Enable in-game overlay, which is turned on.
- Click on the option of “Games” from the left panel. Under the option “GAME ACTIVITY,” you have to make sure if you have turned on the in-game OVERLAY for the specific playing.
If you want to turn the in-game Discord overlay for overlay-specific games, you have to click on the game option. In case your game is not part of the list, you have to add it in the section of “GAME ACTIVITY” to add the Discord overlay. In this way, you can easily choose to run the whole game once again. This is how you would be able to figure out if the Discord Overlay will work for you. If you did not get the required overlay results, you could move to the next Discord solution.
Solution 2: Running the Discord Overlay not working as the Administrator
This is another most straightforward overlay approach for fixing the discord overlay not, which you can make possible by running the Discord overlay as the Administrator. To get this Discord solution in-hand, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- On the main desktop, you have to right-click on the Discord option and then choose the option “properties.”
- A new window pop-up after which you have to choose the Compatibility tab. If you want to run this Discord program as the Administrator, you have to choose “RUN” after it clicks the “OK” option.
- Now finally, you have to open the Discord and then the same game all over again. This will help you to get an idea that if the overlay error has been fixed or not.
Solution 3: Disabling the Third-party Antivirus App Temporarily
In case you are using a third-party antivirus application, you will find the issue where the discord overlay, not an error, will pop-up. This is all because there are some third-party antivirus overlay applications that are interfering in Discord.
In case of the discord overlay, not error is not running as you have expected, you can temporarily disable the third-party applications. After it, you have to open the Discord, and then you have to re-launch your Discord game. This will help you to check if the not working issue is entirely resolved or not.
Solution 4: Disabling the Hardware Acceleration in the Discord
In Discord, you will see the overlay feature, which is the feature Hardware Acceleration. It makes the use of a sound card and GPU to make the Discord run so smoothly. But somehow, it might happen that this feature will cause the issue of error which is “Discord Overlay not showing or not working.”
If you still feel that the not working problem is still appearing in the overlay system when you have turned on the Hardware Acceleration feature, it is better that you should disable the feature and then check if the overlay error still exists. To get this not working solution in-hand, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, open the Discord and then visit the settings option.
- Click the “appearance” icon on the left panel and then turn off the toggle. This toggle is located next to the Hardware Acceleration.
- Once you are done, restart the game and then check out if the Discord is available to work now.
Solution 5: Reinstalling the Discord Overlay Not
The final solution on our list is about reinstalling the overlay discord! If none of the solutions works in your favor, you choose to try with this last overlay solution. To get this overlay solution in-hand, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Press the option Win + R, which will open the Run window. After it, you have to input control and then click OK to reach the Control Panel.
- Now choose the option of View by Category and then select the option uninstall a Discord program.
- Now a new window pop-up in which you have to right-click on the Discord option and then select Uninstall.
- After it, you have to restart the PC and then download the Discord from your website. After it, click the install option.
- Now open the Discord and then run the particular game. You have to add that game into the Discord.
- In the next step, you have to enable the in-game overlay feature favoring the specific game you are about to play.
This is how the actual problem of the Discord Overlay not working error can be fixed.
Conclusion of Discord Overlay not working
Well, this is all we have ended with the methods and few basic ways with which you can quickly deal with the overlay error without any hassle. You have to follow all the detailed steps carefully, so you can easily have your error get free from your system at the end of the day. We know it is complex and tedious, but we are sure that you will make it happen for yourself with a bit of concentration.
Which one of these above Discord methods will you try first?